Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quill #56 - Policy (Sept. 1, 2010)

She was the kind of person who tried to stock goodness for a rainy day,
As if she believed she'd need lots extra for some personal holocaust of evilness in her final days,
Or worried about an accidental changing of her ways that would strike thousands dead
And she needed to pre-compensate by saving their souls times a power of ten.
She took the Boy Scout motto to unreasonable heights when it came to afterlife insurance.
But she wasn't trying to be paid for eternity,
And she wasn't paying past due bills with love.
I would have liked to know what her Nemesis was doing to make her work so hard when she was dying,
Already sure of her destination.


3 comments:

  1. We've all got a nemesis in one form or the other. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Captain Dumbass and HermitJim. I appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving me a message. It's ok to tell me when you think my poetry stinks, too. :)

    ReplyDelete